The Climate Science Legal Defense Fund (CSLDF) assists climate and other scientists who, these days, find themselves increasingly under fire for doing their jobs; we’ve grown from a single attorney to a team of five in the last four years. With a great base of supporters in our community and a handful of foundations, CSLDF has been able to expand its reach.
We are looking for a motivated fundraising professional to build out a more robust fundraising program and help the organization reach its full potential. The Development Manager will work in our small NYC office, with the role of coordinating cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and institutional funders.
- Develop and implement a plan to expand our individual donor and institutional grant portfolio
- Work on all aspects of gift cycle, including identifying fundraising and stewardship opportunities and crafting solicitation materials and other donor correspondence
- Support the Executive Director’s engagement with key stakeholders, donors, and foundations
- Manage donor database (Salesforce, recently implemented), including tracking and evaluating performance
- Provide fundraising and related support in Quickbooks
- Provide goals and projections for operational budgeting
- A successful track record of fundraising experience with increasing responsibility, with ideally at least 3-7 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational instincts and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Salesforce and Quickbooks experience a plus
- Understanding of non-profit bookkeeping a plus
- Knowledge of climate, environmental, and/or legal issues a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com and include Development Manager in the subject line.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous paid time off; health, dental, and life insurance benefits; and a flexible, friendly work environment.
Last updated January 24, 2020